Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Discovery at Hog Island, Part 17

Well, today I not only did not have a retreat, but I also am sick with a somewhat miserable cold. And have had no dinner or shower. But now I feel compelled to write something.

Discovery at Hog Island, Part 17

Part 1, part 16

“Hi Phip. I said ‘Darn. Darn Barn Beezlewax.’”

“That sounds pretty rude, Rude.”

“It can’t be rude, it’s what my Mom says.”

“Oh, well, that settles it, then. Are you supposed to be peeking into Mr. Brunelle’s room while he’s lecturing?”

“Nope. Wasn’t me. How come he always runs late? Me and Billy Owens need to get going. Garrett too.”

“Billy Owens and I. And where are you off to, if I might ask?”

“You can ask—it’s for your Advanced Placement Biology Class, Phip. We’re going out to Little Hog Island. You said we could work on our Ecology project together. We want to study the roseate terns. Dad says they’re really rare.”

“You need to be especially careful not to disturb them. I wish you would talk to me about it.”

“Oh, he’s done, here they come. Can we talk to you right now? We want to get going.”

Part 18

No comments: