Sunday, May 29, 2005

Discovery at Little Hog Island, Part 27

part 1, part 26

And don’t let yours always be too low,” Dorothy snapped back.

I shouldn’t have come here, Dana thought. She got the willies in the pit of her stomach. This is too much like home.

“Bucky was a wonderful father, a hard worker and a good provider, but don’t be getting interested in him. You’ll regret it, I promise.”

“I’m just here for a couple weeks doing some research. I don’t even live in Canada, never mind Nova Scotia.”

“Simon seemed to think there was some chemistry going on. I don’t recommend it, for your own good. Seriously.” Ross was studying his shoes. “He has a terrible temper and a fondness for the demon liquor. And tells stupid jokes, to boot.”

“I’ve never heard him tell a joke at all.” Dana said, not knowing how to respond to this conversational thread.

“He’s probably trying not to scare you off.”

Part 28

No comments: